Nutriculture Gro-Tanks Complete Kit is UK's best selling hydro system. With Gro-Tanks you are ready to grow - just add nutrients and starter media. Gro-Tanks are great for any grower looking for extra yield. Ideally sized to use in a grow tent or narrow grow rooms.
How NFT Gro-Tanks system work:
NFT stands for ‘Nutrient Film Technique’. A thin film of nutrient solution flows through the roots of the plants providing them with all the elements they need. The only medium used is the medium that the plants are started in, it is a ‘bare rooted’ technique. In a Nutriculture NFT Gro-Tank system the nutrient solution is contained in a tank. The plants sit on a tray or ‘channel’ above the tank and nutrient solution is pumped up to the ‘channel’ and flows over the roots of the plants. Whatever the plants don’t use drains back into the tank ready to be passed over the roots again. A constant supply of water and nutrition to the roots combined with unlimited access to oxygen means growers experience up to 4x the yield of traditional soil growing.
Why NFT Gro-Tanks produce great results:
- Bare rooted’ technique means unrestricted access to oxygen.
- Greater uptake of water and nutrients.
- Never under or over-fed and no nutrient build up.
The benefits of NFT Gro-Tanks:
- Proven Results - up to 4x greater yield than conventional growing methods.
- Healthier Plants - plants are never under-fed or over-watered and there is no build up of salts in the root zone.
- Effective - Gro-Tanks are just 20cm tall!
- Efficient - reduce manual watering frequency – connect a Nutriculture Auto Top Up system to the NFT system and plants can be left unattended for longer periods.
- Very little medium used - less chance of disease, less waste material to dispose of.
NFT Gro-Tanks hints and tips:
- Golden rule – ensure plants are root bound before they go into the system. An abundance of white roots should be visible on the outside of the starter media.
- As a rule of thumb: 1 plant per square foot. This can be increased or decreased depending on plant variety.
- Pump runs for 24hrs. No need for a segmental timer or feeding schedule.
- Completely remove plastic wrapping from rockwool cubes or remove pots if using soil or coco. This allows the roots to access more oxygen.
- NFT is a bare rooted growing technique. All but the smallest of plants will need additional support, i.e. yoyo’s or pea netting.
- Cut lengths of spreader mat long enough to allow an overhang of a few inches from the channel into the tank. No trickling water sounds!
Gro-Tanks Complete Kit contains:
- Correx top plate
- Delivery system
- Spreader mat
- pH down
- Test kit
- Emptying tube
- Full instructions
Available in 5 sizes:
1, GT205 Complete Kit.
- Tank size: 27.5"(695mm) L x 15.25"(385mm) W x 7.25"(185mm) H.
- Channel size: 22" (560mm) L x 13.5" (345mm) W x 2" (50mm) H.
- Volume: 20ltr
2. GT424 Complete Kit.
- Tank size: 43.25"(1010mm) L x 19"(485mm) W x 8"(205mm) H.
- Channel size: 37" (940mm) L x 17" (440mm) W, 2" (50mm) H.
- Volume: 45ltr
3. GT604 Complete Kit.
- Tank size: 60"(1525mm) L x 19"(485mm) W x 7.5"(190mm) H.
- Channel size: 53.5" (1360mm) L x 17" (440mm) W x 2" (50mm) H.
- Volume: 60ltr
4. GT901 Complete Kit.
- Tank size: 83"(2110mm) L x 16.5"(420mm) W x 8.5"(215mm) H.
- Channel size: 77" (1960mm) L x 21" (530mm) W x 3,25" (85mm) H.
- Volume: 65ltr
5. GT100 Complete Kit.
- Tank size: 47.5"(1200mm) L x 42"(1060mm) W x 8.5"(215mm) H.
- Channel size: 42" (1060mm) L x 42" (1060mm) W x 3" (80mm) H.
- Volume: 100ltr